The Trans March is only a month away. Whoa, how did that happen? It seemed like just yesterday we had at least six months until the event was going down. Can you believe we’re so close?
Which means Pride’s also right around the corner! Which means tons of June events!! Before your facebook feed gets totally out of control with all the goings on, here’s quick list of the events the March is associated with. You’ll definitely want to save the date for these because you’ll have a fantastic time at all of them.
- Friday, 5/25: Gender Desperado Jamboree Queer and Trans Songwriter Open Mic at Dolores Park CafeAre you a crazy talented singer/songwriter who’s just dying to show off your stuff in front of a fun and friendly crowd? Or maybe you’re a fan of crazy talented singer/songwriters who are just dying to show off their stuff in front of a fun and friendly crowd? Either way, come by and check out the mad talent in our community.
- Sunday, 5/27: Brunch for the Bi and Trans Communities at CrepevineThe Bi Brunch has been around forever. Or at least since the 90s, which is pretty much the same thing in our modern ADD age. But a lot’s gone down since then, so there’s a new brunch for a new year and it’s gonna be amazing.
- Saturday, 6/9: Hot and Healthy with Garza at Cafe FloreDo you throw your hands up in the air sometimes saying “ayo”? Gotta let go? And you want to do it hot and safe? Swing by this fun dance party, bust out your best moves and celebrate and live your life!
- Wednesday, 6/13: Trans March Fun-raiser at the BuckOur fun-raisers at the Buck are quickly becoming beloved events. Why? We not only get to hear the amazing acoustic stylings of folks like StormMiguel Florez, Holy Old Man Bull and Shawna Virago, but we get to drink beers and chow down on the Buck’s epic onion rings. And what’s better than that?
- Friday, 6/15: Queer Qumbia at BollyhoodDo you have sweet salsa steps you’ve been saving for a rainy day? Can you cumbia like no one’s business? Swing by this super fun dance party and burn a hole in the dance floor.
More info: Coming soon!
- Friday, 6/22: Trans March at Dolores ParkDo we really need to explain this one? Didn’t think so. You know it, you love it, so come on out and make it great.
- Friday, 6/22: Bustin’ Out 7, the TM afterparty at El RioAside from the March itself, this is hands down the best event of Pride weekend. I mean, come on, a packed house of gorgeous people shaking their asses on a sweaty dance floor while they’re still a little high from the March? We *highly* recommend it.