The San Francisco Trans March announces a call for performers for the 2014 Trans March occurring on Friday, June 27th! The mission of the San Francisco Trans March is to inspire all trans and gender non-conforming people to realize a world where we are safe, loved, and empowered. We strive to create a space for our diverse communities to unite and achieve the social justice and equality that each of us deserves.
We are currently accepting applications for MCs, bands, solo musicians, drag/performers, and speakers. Our decisions are based upon a combination of factors: ensuring (racial, gender, age, sexuality, dis/ability, age, class) diversity of performers, prioritizing performers who did not perform in the previous year, content of performance, and more. Performers are scheduled between 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm on Friday, June 27th.
We have a limited number of performance spaces available:
* 2-4 Master of Ceremonies (to MC for 1 ½ hours each)
* 2 bands (20 minutes each)
* 2-3 solo musicians (10 minutes each)
* 5-6 drag/performance pieces (5 minutes each)
* 4-6 speakers representing community based organizations (3 minutes each)
* 1 headlining band (20 minutes)
* 1 headlining speaker (10 minutes)
To be considered for the 2014 Trans March stage, please complete the following application. Applications are due May 15th.