Trans March Planning Meeting, March
Agenda (subject to change)
I. Welcome and short Check-ins
- Name, pronoun, group affiliation, one word to describe how you're feeling about the TM?
II. Review Group Agreements
- Set phones to vibrate
- Don't yuck someone's yum
- It's okay to take space and do self care
- One diva, one mic
- Confidentiality about personal things shared
- Agree to disagree
- Take responsibility
- Ask for help
- Respect each other
- Don't make assumptions
- Wait, why am I talking?
- Agree to move forward
- Ask if there are any additions to the group agreements or if there are any agreements from last meeting that people would like to keep in mind for this meeting.
III. If new people are present, briefly review mission and vision as well as the meeting process.
V. Agenda Items
* Current financial status (Luis)
** call for sponsors
** Gang of Four on 4/17 at Buck Tavern
** Jesus Christ Superstar 4/6 at Victoria Theatre
*** Storm needs volunteers for ticket booth, ushers
*** We should have a table with info--volunteers?
*** 10 comp tickets to distribute
** El Rio (Jae, Carol)
** Queer Qumbia (Jae)
** City of Refuge movie night (Carol)
** Hard French
** other fundraisers?
* indie gogo campaign
** review text
* what promotional items do we want to do this year?
** previously: buttons (still have about 1000 left), posters
** new possibilities: stickers, temporary tattoos, cd, t-shirts
* afterparty at El Rio
** can we get part of the door?
** can we get some comped tickets for raffles, indiegogo reward, us?
- Outreach & Promotion
* Press and media (Carol)
** Will Evelyn Rios help us with press?
** Updates on getting us on tv
* Promo video (gwen)
* Surveys (Luis)
* QWOCMAP partnership
* official Pride event?
* March/outreach timeline (Jae)
- March logistics
* theme follow up
** this year's theme: "Trans Generations: Define Your Moment"
** status of design from Querido
* route and end of march
** same route as last year?
** options for end of march location (Luis)
** end of march activities?
** call for performers
* march safety
* working with Dyke March
** DM is doing a truck instead of a fixed stage this year. what do we want to do?
** porta potties?
VI. Next Meeting: 3rd Tuesday in April is Buck fundraiser. Maybe 4th Tuesday?
VII. Volunteers for next meeting: facilitator, note taker, who will bring food
VIII. Who's not here? What communities are not represented?
IX. Review TODO list
X. Check Out and Evaluations
- ask each person to say how they're feeling about the march
- thank you from the facilitator (be sure to thank hosting org)